понедельник, 11 февраля 2019 г.

12.02.2018



I’ll tell her we’re leaving
Was he there?
At first he never came; he now comes regularly.
What have you done?  
my friend has seen it twice
I have two
This is his sister


  1. Make the sentence a question: I finish the work at 5 o’clock.           
  2. Make the sentence negative: He is my brother.
  3. Make the sentence a question: I need a certificate.  
  4. Make the sentence negative: I understand you. 
  5. Make the sentence a question: I can find the bricks.    
  6. Make the sentence negative: I know the answer.
  7. Make the sentence a question: You can check it now.          
  8. Make the sentence negative: I promised to help. 
  9. Make the sentence a question: You can tell me the answer.             
  10. Make the sentence negative: I can tell you where the trowel is.



For 47 days experts at New York's Museum of Modern Art had viewed their exhibition of "The Last Works of Henri Matisse" with pride and confidence - until an amateur viewer told 'em they were hanging "Le Bateau" (the Boat) upside down!
It was an understandable mistake - one look at it, and you can see why
Mrs. Habert had been to the exhibition three times, and was vaguely disquieted by the picture the first timed. She felt the artist "would never put the main, more complex motif on the bottom and the lesser motif at the top." On her third visit, she felt she was on firm ground, bought a catalog, in which it was positioned properly, to prove her point and called the boo-boo to the attention of the nearest guard.
Quick to defend the honor of the museum, he neatly placed the blame elsewhere with "You don't know what's up and you don't know what's down and neither do we. We can't be responsible for the printers."
But Mrs. Habert was not to be stopped. She went to the chief guard who referred her to information desk. But it was a Sunday night, when all the experts were at home, and she had to stoke her critical fire until the next morning. That's when Wheeler heard the awful truth.
The painter's son, art dealer Pierre Matisse - who himself had attended the exhibition without noticing the error - said, "Mrs. Habert should be given a medal."


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий